Conference Forum 2009
8th International Conference Forum
"Metal-2009: Management, Production,
Trade, and Consumption"
Date: June 30, 2009
Venue: Premier Palace Hotel, 5-7 Shevchenko Blvd., Kiev
Ukraine's metallurgy means 30% of GDP, and up to 40% of currency earnings come from export of metallurgical products as the Ukrainian mining and metallurgical complex has been hit heavily by the global crisis, the strategies of effective and coordinated response to economic downturn will dominate the Conference agenda this year.
Topics of the Conference Forum
Macroeconomic overview. The outlooks for crisis-weathering global and Ukraine's economies.
Situation in the financial sector. Systems of real business crediting in Ukraine and globally. Market behaviour. New system of financial relationship.
Ukraine's positioning and outlooks at the world steel market Ukrainian
scenario of steel market crisis. Effective transformation technologies.
- Market balance
- Price realities
- Costs optimization
- Anti-crisis technologies
State response to the crisis in the Ukrainian industry: anti-crisis
- Effects, impact, and opportunities
- New support programs
- Infrastructure projects
Worldwide experience of steel-consuming industries stimulus policy
- Overview of anti-crisis practices
- Consumption stimulus
- Protectionist actions
Innovation and modernization processes in the circumstances of limited
- Product range refocusing
- Modernization and energy saving. Approaches and technologies
- Priority innovation solutions for the crisis-constrained steel industry
Trends in the costs of raw materials for the iron and steel industry
- Emerging realities of iron-ore, coal, and coke markets
- Steelmaking costs vs. steel raw materials prices
- Talks between the miners and steel firms
Steel trading in Ukraine
- Effects of the crisis
- Steel-trading strategies for steel-consuming industries
- Current market environment
Corporate strategies of steel companies facing the crisis challenges.
The outlooks for economic recovery and consumption revival.